Provision a Zoiper Softphone
The Zoiper Softphone desktop application allows you to utilize our Softphone service on your PC or macbook.
Zoiper Softphone Provisioning
We recommend the following settings to ensure that the Zoiper softphone can successfully register to our servers and properly fail over to a different zone in the case that their primary zone is unavailable.
- username: <provided by Support>
- password: <provided by Support>
- domain: <provided by Support>
Optional SIP Credentials:
- Check the 'Use Outbound Proxy' box.
- Check the 'Outbound Proxy' address.
Enter one of the following outbound proxy URL.
Network related/Advanced Settings:
- Under the account settings advanced tab, change the default transport from TCP to UDP.
This will change the timer settings for SIP registration, and SIP keep alive timers from 600 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Change the default STUN server option to 'Don't use STUN'
- Change the Selected Audio Codecs and remove the Opus and GSM FR Codecs from the selected group.
You should only have G.711 and G.722 selected.