SmartPBX: Hold Music
Hold Music, or Music on Hold as it's often referred to is the music or audio messaging your callers hear when you place them on hold or park.
SmartPBX makes it easy to add, change, catalog, and update your hold music as you see fit. This is an excellent marketing tool for current promotions and special events or keeping your customers at ease while they wait on hold.
Follow these easy steps to make the most of your hold music.
Login to SmartPBX
Go to admin.simplevoip.us and enter your admin credentials.
- If you've forgotten your username: your username is the email address used to place your order
- If you've forgotten your password: it can be updated or restored by clicking on the "Forgot My Password" link.
- Need help signing in? Contact us.
Update Hold Music for Your Location
- Click on the Hold Music button at the top of the dashboard.
- This opens settings to upload new hold music (must be .mp3 or .wav files <5mb).
- You can also click on the drop-down menu to select from existing hold music.
- Once you have selected the hold music you want for your location, press the save button.
Update Hold Music for Specific Users
- Click on the Users tab on the left-hand side of the Dashboard.
This will pull up your Users menu, under the Features column to the right.
- Click on the features button to open the features menu for each user you care to update.
- Click on the button for Music-On-Hold.
- Make sure your Music-On-Hold feature is Enabled.
If you want to turn an individual user's hold music off, simply come back into the Music-On-Hold menu and disable the feature to put their hold music back on the same media as the rest of your location.
- To upload new audio media, select the upload button and upload an .mp3 or .wav file <5mb in size.
Once a file is uploaded you can select them from the drop-down menu for individuals or the whole location.
- Click Save Changes to apply.
Call into your location or the individual user to test the feature and make sure the change has been properly applied. If you experience any trouble, feel free to contact us.
Change Site Hold Music Through Admin Portal
How to upload hold music from Admin Portal:
- Select "global apps" on the top of the page
- Click Music on Hold tab
- Select Parent Account Media
- If audio file is already upload use the drop down menu to select the media
- If audio file is NOT uploaded click upload new
- Add a media name and description and choose your file to be uploaded
- Once uploaded select the file from the drop down menu
Disable Hold Music
To disable hold music for the location:
- Open the Hold Music menu from the dashboard
- Select silence from the drop-down music
- Click Save Changes to apply.
Your caller will no longer hear hold music.
To disable hold music for the individual user:
- Open the features for that user
- Select the Music-On-Hold function
- Toggle the switch from Enabled to Disabled
- Press Save Changes to apply.
Now callers will hear the location's Hold Music or silence if that's what's selected.
If you want the individual user to have no hold music but the location has hold music, keep the Music-On-Hold feature enabled for that user and select Silence from the drop-down menu then click Save Changes.