SmartPBX: Getting Started
This guide allows you to set up your new phone system in less than 10 minutes.
- Your new phone system arrives pre-configured for the number of phones you ordered configured with basic call routing.
- All callers will ring all phones for 300 seconds (5 minutes) and then hang up
Follow the linked articles below to get set up quickly.
Quick Setup Steps
- Rename users and devices - Update device names as necessary to make sure you see the appropriate names when dialing internally or receiving calls.
Devices are phones, fax adapters, and paging adapters. Names will default to "User 1, User 2" etc and extensions will be 201, 202, etc
- Set up hours and holidays - Set up your available calling hours and have customers ring to a separate auto attendant or directly to your voicemail box.
- Set up Call Routing - Choose what your customers hear when calling in. This guide will help you create settings like:
- Ring to all phones then on to a voicemail when no one is available
- Create an auto attendant/virtual receptionist to list menu options
- Apply settings to selective phones only if desired
You can test all your functionality with the temporary number provided within your welcome email. This number is always available in SmartPBX under Main Number; hang on to this number and provide it to your current provider to forward it to when you install the new phones.
See the guide for porting your phone numbers for more information.
Additional Steps to Personalize Your New Phones
The following guides are optional and allow you to fully customize your phone system to work best for your business needs. From hold music to call forwarding, you can control almost every setting for your phones from this portal.
- Ring Groups
- Hold Music
- Call Logs
- Adding Devices
- Caller ID
- Call Forwarding
- Find-Me Follow-Me
- Hot Desking
- Conference Calling
- Call Recording
Not finding the tools or settings you want to update? Feel free to contact us for assistance.