Yealink: Wi-Fi Troubleshooting
If your Yealink device is having Wi-Fi issues, please follow the troubleshooting steps below.
General troubleshooting steps
- Unplug the wifi dongle (back of the phone opposite the screen) , then reseat it.
Note: Do this first, then reboot the device to avoid the "Wireless Adapter is Added" message and the extra options/button presses that require.
- Power cycle the phone by removing the power cable.
- Reboot the wireless access point that broadcasts the Voice SSID.
- Swapping wifi dongles if multiple phones are on wireless. This will allow us to determine if it is isolated to the phone or dongle.
- Remove and replace the dongle - you should see a message on the screen indicating the dongle has been inserted.
- Press OK
- The wifi menu then comes up. Once the Known Networks line lists "Connecting to Simple...) press the button below Back
- Be sure to press OK (hard key below the screen) on the Updating Network screen after powering back on
Out of Range of Voice SSID - press CANCEL and START OVER (reboot the phone again)
- If you continue to get the message indicating it is out of range, please escalate.