Panasonic TGP500: Factory Reset Cordless Phone
A factory reset is a "last resort" in your troubleshooting; it is a master reset to restore the device to its original system state by erasing all of the information stored on the device in an attempt to restore the device's software to its original manufacturer settings.
WARNING: A factory reset will delete all user saved information, such as contacts in Phonebook. Please do NOT factory reset your device unless expressly asked to by a support engineer.
How to Factory Reset a Panasonic TGP500
- Ensure the phone and TGP500 base are powered on.
- Hold buttons 1-5-9 and * at the same time to initiate the factory reset on the phone (wait for the beep and for the phone to be powered off, and do not power back on).
- Power cycle the TGP500 base station by unplugging it for 10 to 20 seconds.
- After the TGP500 base has turned back on, take the batteries out of the phone and wait a few moments before plugging them back in.
- Once the phone turns on, the factory reset should be complete.