Smart PBX: Update User and Device Names
The user profiles and devices are assigned generic names. To update your site-specific names, please follow the steps below.
Login to SmartPBX
Go to admin.simplevoip.us and enter your admin credentials.
- If you've forgotten your username: your username is the email address used to place your order
- If you've forgotten your password: it can be updated or restored by clicking on the "Forgot My Password" link.
- Need help signing in? Contact us.
Update User Names
- Click on the Users tab from the left-hand menu.
Update the Username
- Click on the user name for the user you want to update
- Modify the user name
- Where this example shows the user name as Admin Admin, you can change both fields as you see fit.
- For any user that has a single name such as Host, Kitchen, or Office, simply update the first name field and delete the existing name then press the spacebar in the second name field to leave that blank.
Edit The User Info
You can update the user name as a first and last name such as Restaurant Manager or a single name such as Reception or Office. For individual name devices, place the name in the first name field and use the space bar to space-out the last name field.
Update credentials to match the Admin user's information, note that the user credentials for Admin must be specific for login purposes. However, standard users may not need to have their credentials updated as they may not be logging into the system or making changes.
Do Not Delete Users
- The users in your system are created for your devices to operate off of and tied to your lines of service. If you delete a user, you will disable the device attached to it and be unable to re-add that user yourself. If you accidentally delete a user.
- Contact technical support to re-provision the user.